Sign Up For Updates
WORK FOR AMERICA VOTES
America Votes job opportunities are periodically updated and listed below when available. We are always looking for talented, dedicated progressives who might be interested in working for us; please feel free to send resumes to email@example.com.
For internship opportunities, please click here.
Colorado Data and Targeting Manager
America Votes works across the country with over 400 state and national partner organizations to advance progressive policies, expand access to the ballot, coordinate issue advocacy and election campaigns, and protect every American's right to vote. America Votes has built a permanent advocacy and campaign infrastructure that provides coordination, data and targeting services to progressive organizations. Groups that are part of America Votes work on a broad range of issues including environmental protection, education, human and civil rights, women's rights, choice and labor. America Votes' strong progressive infrastructure supports our coalition partners' advocacy efforts and voter outreach.
For more information about America Votes visit our website at www.americavotes.org.
Colorado seeks an experienced individual for the full-time position of Data and Targeting Manager. America Votes utilizes and offers its partner organizations a range of voter file, data and targeting services. We seek an experienced individual with a combination of technical and political skills to manage these services and work with state partner groups in Colorado. The Data and Targeting Manager will report to the Colorado State Director.
- Manage and coordinate all data needs of AV-CO Staff and Partners.
- Work with consultants and other AV staff responsible for the acquisition, enhancement, and management of voter files.
- Manage voter file access for AV-CO partner organizations and their consultants. This includes administration and security, training and providing available technical assistance.
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance contact programs; this includes assisting partners in employing best practices.
- Manage and enhance volunteer recruitment database, virtual predictive dialer, and other web-based programs and information.
- Work with other AV-CO staff and partner groups to ensure that programs are maximizing shared voter file, targeting, and other data resources.
- Make recommendations and provide strategic support regarding ways to make data and database operations more efficient and effective.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Work with vendors to resolve any IT issues that may arise.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Candidates should have an understanding of common direct voter contact programs and at least one cycle of experience in the use of data in candidate or issue-base campaigns.
- Strong VAN skills are required; familiarity with other online electoral/advocacy tools and constituent relationship management tools is a plus.
- Ability to use Excel, Access, SQL or other data tools to create data dashboards to inform programs.
- Experience using QGIS, Maptitude, or other mapping software.
- Candidates should have a diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving while working independently or on a team, as well as the ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and prioritize work effectively.
- Must be a self-starter willing to work long irregular 'campaign-style' hours and to travel as needed, especially during campaign season. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated history of persistence and resourcefulness in solving technical and data problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively, work well under pressure, be detail oriented, and meet deadlines.
- Must demonstrate discretion and good judgment.
- Field experience in a volunteer or staff capacity a plus.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and 401K.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter with salary requirements and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
America Votes is an equal opportunity employer.